Because I'm Terrible at Scrapbooks

Pizza in Trunks (and a whole lot more)

Hi friends!

It’s Thursday- and it’s my Friday!

I am incredibly jubilant about the opportunity for a vacation day and am looking forward to the time off.

My company instituted a new vacation policy this year whereby if you accrue 2.5 times your yearly vacation allowance, you stop accruing vacation altogether until you get your time down.


Things are always busy around my office (coupled with being understaffed), so I don’t take many days, so I have been battling “use or lose” time constantly since the rule went into effect.

The good thing about that, though, is that it has allowed me to take a much needed break from work.

I have a fun filled Friday planned too, which makes me happy.

But first, I feel I ought to recap last weekend (yeah, yeah I know…. “old news”).

That way when I’m old and in my 30s next month (wah!) I can fondly remember the good old days of being in my 20s.

My mom’s birthday was on Friday, so we went over to celebrate. My sweet sister made me my own vegan coconut crème pies! How thoughtful, right!? I was so touched by her sweetness!
Vegan coconut creme pies!

Sadly, my mom wasn’t feeling very well so we did not stay all that long so she could rest. She and my dad were leaving for Vegas the next morning, so we were all hoping she would feel better before they left.

And remember how I mentioned having Layla to myself on Saturday? Well, it didn’t end up turning out that way but it was still a good day!

I went to the gym early that morning and then got ready and went to the grocery store. The weather was supposed to be beautiful so the plan was for me, P, and Layla go to Target and look for some cute spring clothes and then take Layla to the park. And then enjoy a crisp glass of white wine. Perfecto!

Only, we didn’t end up doing any of that.!

I ended up going over to see them around 11 and we hung around for a little while.

We started feeling lazy and got into our usual rut of being comfortable and not wanting to leave the house. Plus, since Layla is teething, my sister is always a little nervous that she is taking a ticking time bomb to a public place that could detonate into a mess of tears and screams at any time. Yet, at the same time, we didn’t want to waste the day.

We contemplated a few things and then I mentioned it would be fun if we could still go do something that was sort of low key, but still allowed us to get out.

So we ended up going to Zam Zams for lunch! It is a middle eastern restaurant in the city that is very casual and perfect for our needs. It was like old times in Kuwait, sharing grape leaves and hummus with my sister and talking about a million different things. And Layla was so good too!

We ate outside to enjoy the day, and it was just such a good quick trip out! Afterward, we went back to the house and hung around so Layla could nap (which never ended up happening).
Zam zams!

Will and I needed to go to Sams, so we all ended up going and enjoying the fun excitement that is Sam’s Club. Ha!

Is that place ever empty?!

We got the things we needed… and then got their incredibly non-vegan Sam’s cheese pizza to go.

Yep, it happened.

On the way home, Layla passed out in the back of P’s car. She was exhausted from her busy day out, and hadn’t taken a proper nap all day. 

The last thing my sister wanted to do was get her out of the car and wake her.

So- the two of us ended up eating our pizza in the back of her car with the trunk door open while she slept.

What a sight!

Hey, you do what you gotta do with a teething, sleeping baby.

Afterward we watched some TV and went to sleep around 9.

Wild night.

P and Layla ended up staying with us that night, and around 3 that morning Layla was up crying.

I got up and went in to check on them and she was up for a good 45 minutes, and I feared she wasn’t going to go back to sleep for a while.

I have to admit, I wasn’t much help. I suppose I was there for moral support mostly? She finally drifted to sleep and slept several more hours.

Sunday seems like a big blur to me. We didn’t get out except to get a fancy new pooper scooper for the back yard.


That way Will and I will both have one and can divide and conquer.

Good plan!

We had P and Layla over for dinner, and that was about it! I’m sure there is more to that day, but it seems like ages ago.

My allergies were giving me trouble Sunday and could hardly sleep that night. I ended up taking my second sick day with my company and allowed myself some time to rest.

I spent the day with P and Layla which was so nice!

I rested and monitored work from the couch, and we watched TV and movies all day. Definitely a lazy Monday, but it was definitely helpful because I am feeling better today.

And can finally breathe through my nose again.

Awesome! Haha

We also signed up something fun, and I can’t wait to share it with you guys once it happens!

And now it’s Thursday and I get another weekend all over again!

We have plans to take Layla to see the Easter bunny, but I’m not quite sure if that will still happen.

Remember how I said my mom got sick last Friday?


So it ended up being worse than we all thought.

My mom is such a freaking trooper.

So she woke still feeling sick Saturday morning, but she and my dad still continued forward with their travel plans. They ended up doing a million things during their weekend, from seeing a couple shows, to touring the town, riding in some fancy race cars, and who knows what else! All the while, my mom hadn’t had food or water since that Friday before she got sick.

How terrible, right?!

She is so stubborn and would not let my dad take her to an AM-PM clinic while they were there, so she pressed on.


They got in Tuesday night, and my dad took her to the hospital. They admitted her and immediately got her on an IV because of her severe dehydration. And when they finished that one, they started another. They ran an X-Ray and CT scan and determined there was some sort of blockage in her esophagus that needs to be removed.

Thankfully they were able to start fluids immediately.

Unfortunately she is still at the hospital and is still waiting to be hydrated enough before they can perform the procedure. :(

What a way to finish the week, right? Geez…

I am so thankfully she is doing better, and cannot believe how hard headed that woman is! We were all worried about her! but I know she wanted my dad to have a good time in Vegas since they had never been before.

So tomorrow might be a little relaxed and might just entail us hanging close to the house to spend time with our mom.

Plus I still haven’t seen their pictures!

So that’s my big weekend update and weekend preview.

Not sure what else is on the docket, but I’m sure you will hear all about it. smile

Lots of love. ❤

Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.


brittny I'm B-Love. Lover of God, my husband Will, my doggies, OU football, weight training, plyometrics healthy eating (mostly!), peanut butter, and all things health related. Buckle up and get ready for my constant embarrassing moments, health and fitness tips,and my effort to rely on Christ while living life in the real world. Follow me on Feedly! Sign up for monthly emails at!

From Flickr


Most recent entries